Sep 13, 2009

A Golden Chain - and This Is It!

This is The SPORTSTER Bike, and This Is It!

The bike is #2 in my Trilogy build called:
The 1 gear ROADSTER the 2 speed SPORTSTER and the 3 speed SPEEDSTER.

Try to say that line fast......

The only thing I need, is to put on the golden chain, and take it for a test run in the streets of Copenhagen.

I´ve hand painted everything, rechromed, polished and changed every bering.. 100% inspired from the Race bikes in the 70th to the early 90th.

Columbus frame, Shimano 600 krank, Velocity deep V Rims, 700x35 Kojak slick tire on the back, Benotto stem, Soma Major Taylor drop bar, S.San Marco Concor seat (Black suede) , NOS Malinard 1984 marked front hub with 700x23 tire mounted and bla bla bla.

But the Jewel! - No doubt, it´s the NOS Duomatic 2 Speed >>kick back< hub.

Honestly! - I don´t think i can create a more suitable and cool looking bike for the streets of Copenhagen . This is as god as it´s gets from me - this is it. But I´m also the man who thinks style and colors, are more important than brakes and light.....

7 comments:

  1. Nice work Cay, it's a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pee-Jay. I´m glad you think so. Appreciate you comment. god day to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET BIKES CAY....LOVIN THEM COLORS...LIKE YOUR GLOW IN THE DARK T-SHIRT TOO..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe I should paint a bike with Glow in the dark colors.... Then we don´t need light on it! - thanks Stuka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cay, they're simply fantastic. So much beauty on two wheels is almost too much for my heart to bare! Loving the front fork detail shot. A piece of art in itself! xh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hanne, that is sweet music to my ear.

    ReplyDelete